View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #198 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Danger Will Robinson....... set you up is shorthand for back-patting illegal.

Too many minor people with a modicrum of authority use that for "evening" out the system or to massage their own ego.
I agree with you. I want a legal test. I can prove my car runs clean each biennial SMOG test. So, I had a new 130 p.m. appointment today with another place. I put the car more to its stock look and left. On the way my speedo cut out and an instant later the check engine light went on for the VSS and both brand new Denso O2 sensors. Speedo has been cutting off and on periodically. The fact that all came on at the same instant suggests an open or short in the grounding of that part of the wiring harness. Everything has been fine a week or so. SUCCESS: I have a theory of the failure! Looks like I have more testing and troubleshooting to do with the Honda FSM flowcharts!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
deluxx (08-05-2020), skyking (08-04-2020)