View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 03:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Following Windows Report's suggestions.

UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error [Fixed by experts]
  1. Update Windows. I checked. It said that it was up-to-date as of 4:40pm, but I told it to check again, it said there was an update, I told it to download, and it took over an hour, but if any conventional Windows setting causes an error it is a hardware problem.
  2. Reinstall antivirus software. I used Avast and liked it well enough. It wasn't happy to go, but I said that I was going to bring it right back. I rebooted to finish the removal, searched for "Download Avast," and found a long page without download links.

I will use Windows Defender for now.
  3. Check your hard drive. It is there! I saw it the other day! We are talking ChkDsk and SFC, right? I haven't done that on this hard drive, but I did it on the other one.

It doesn't say to check it. It just talks replacement.

I don't throw parts at problems!

SFC said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." ChkDsk said that it was fixing something, but as usual, the logs are not where they are supposed to be, so I ran SFC again, and it still doesn't show anything.

Event Viewer showed a bunch of errors, though!

Everything that I found said to search under Applications in Event Viewer for "Wininit," but that did not work, although "Chkdsk" did.

As before, it seemed to clean up stuff, but fix any errors.
  4. Check your BIOS configuration: "Once you enter BIOS, make sure that SATA configuration is set from IDE or RAID to AHCI." I did that, it couldn't boot, it loaded Troubleshooting, and couldn't fix the problem. After two attempts I changed it back.
  5. Disable Fast Startup and Sleep features. Done.
  6. Uninstall the problematic driver. None.
  7. Remove your temporary files with CCleaner. Heresy!
  8. Disable File History. Verified disabled.
  9. Use the High Performance power plan. Already set.
  10. Upgrade/downgrade BIOS. I downoaded the Lenovo programs to check for updates. It doesn't show any, so how do I roll back the Bios?