Thread: HD Livewire
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
I saw an ad that Harley is doing a Livewire demo special so I booked a demo and took one for a spin. I was surprised that when I showed up the bike was front and center right at the entrance and they had a fancy display showing the Long Way Up trailer.

The Livewire is an impressive bike. Properly quick, turns well, brakes well. Basically nothing one expects from Harley. I hit 95 mph on a short on-ramp. The ergonomics could use some changes - the bar is too low and wide and the seat is a joke. It feels heavy lifting it off the sidestand but that weight isn't noticeable once rolling.

Still way too expensive and lacking basics like Level 2 charging but it does show that Harley can make a proper handling bike if they wanted too. That is a positive sign that the Pan America and Bronx could be good bikes. (It does look like the new CEO killed the Bronx which is a shame)

I was not offered the advertised limited addition t-shirt that came with the test ride.

It was weird being in a Harley dealership and instantly noticing that at 43 I was by far the youngest person in the store besides the receptionist. I doubt there was a customer in the shop younger than 60.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
ldjessee00 (10-01-2020), samwichse (10-14-2020)