View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 11:08 PM   #118 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
One minute delta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic
If someone is replying to something specific in a comment, or just generally, others have a better chance of knowing who or what the reply is about if the quote function is used.
One might conclude that a six minute delta [03:00 PM—03:07 PM] without a specific call-out was pitched to the prior poster.

Quote:
Do you like Oregon?
Further South it's too hot in Summer, further North it's too cold in Winter. If I need to bug out it will be Boise, Idaho. Idaho was part of the Oregon Territory (1848-1859). Boise was the largest city in the PNW at the time, bigger than Seattle and Portland combined.

A defining feature in State history was the Tillamook Burn (1933-1951).
Quote:
The Tillamook Burn was a series of forest fires in the Northern Oregon Coast Range of Oregon in the United States that destroyed a total area of 350,000 acres (1,400 km2) of old growth timber in what is now known as the Tillamook State Forest. There were four wildfires in this series, which spanned the years of 1933–1951. By association, the name Tillamook Burn also refers to the location of these fires. This event is an important part of the local history of Oregon.
This year there were four major fires any two of which equal the Tillamook* Burn.

So you two agree that Knewsome started it?

Quote:
"The debate is over around climate change," Newsom said
Especially in the old Climate Consensus thread. "Case closed" and "End of story" are a tell, according to Scott Adams.

Quote:
[frame] attacked the idea that the fires are natural in any way. He said the cause is climate change [/frame]
Fallacy of the Excluded Middle. "It isn't that, so it has to be the other thing." Accelerationists gonna accelerate. ....with accelerants.

*If vBulletin polices my use of their/they're, why doesn't it know how to spell Tillamook? I mean, really.

edit:
I found this interesting, and somewhat on-topic:

Medieval forests were managed as intensively as the Mayan rainforest.

They were burnt off to facilitate hunting.

Last edited by freebeard; 10-19-2020 at 12:16 AM..