View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
SkauneJohan
EcoModding Lurker

The cruiser - '93 Mercedes 200D
90 day: 38.11 mpg (US)

The rocket - '94 Mercedes E220
90 day: 32.29 mpg (US)

miss Habanero - '95 Audi A6 2.5 TDi Avant
90 day: 43.52 mpg (US)

Annie - '89 mazda 626
90 day: 29.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Are you sure people were using Diesel fuel added to the oil? IIRC it's kerosene that's often used for that.

Coca-Cola or anything containing sugar may not be poured into an engine. Some years ago, someone poured sugar in the oil of the engines of trucks and heavy machinery belonging to the local administration of some city in Paraná, as a deliberate act of sabotage.
Diesel and kerosene is the same here since the 80s I believe

Always heard sugar in the tank would make an engine seize up, Reminds me of this dude https://youtu.be/r-uzBxCriQw he put this to the test and force feeds 1/2 KG (slightly above 1 pound) sugar right into thd engine, test drives and take off cylinder head no ill effect

into engine oil is of course different

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMCF View Post
I don't have any experience to draw on, but I would want a bit more information.

When you drained the engine after the previous flushes, how did the fluid look?
Did the fluid drained out after the second flush look very dirty?
Did it look similar to the fluid drained out after the first flush?

If the flush pulls out a lot of crud in the fluid each time I would continue flushing.
If the flushing fluid coming out looks the same as when it went in I would stop flushing.
Since you add the flush into the oil and run it on idle for 10min before the oil change, the flush looks like used oil

After doing a flush the oil looks brand new and clear in the engine for about 3000km (1800miles) in a diesel that is remarkable, oil gets dark really fast on old diesels

1989 mazda 626 2.2 automatic 116hp

Last edited by SkauneJohan; 10-19-2020 at 01:44 PM..