View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Tell your wife and friends that the other nut-cases are proud of you and already breathing easier.Good going!
Already have, lol. I told my wife "It doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but this is big on Ecomodder!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmonster View Post
i wanna know your mpg improvement! have you scan gauged it yet?
ScanGauge is too expensive, I do all this to save money, lol. I will be making an MPGuino though as the price is right and my abilities allow me for some easy assembly of it. Now if only I could find the time to do all this. Having a 3 yr. old, an 8 mo. and a wife makes it hard to find time to "play" with my car, as my wife calls it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
Any way you could get someone in the back of hte car to adjust it on the fly? You could tuft it up then adjust the angle to the point where flow remains attached with maximum angle and you're set.
The sides are only attached with Gaffer's tape at the moment so it wouldn't be difficult to just set the slope, tuft test, then stop and readjust the slope angle and reattach with tape and keep testing. It would be funny to see a buddy of mine hanging out the back trying to change the slope angle as I drive down the highway though......boy, that would kill my mileage too, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Charlie View Post
I can't wait to see the video of the tuft tests!
Hint, hint!
I have a mini tripod that I could mount to the roof of the car...the only thing is, I think that would disrupt the airflow to the tufts and give skewed results. Might have to see if one of my photography buddies will drive near me and film then.