View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Quote:
No I don't think so. You're trying to encourage the previous status quo, and unfortunately from a position where (1) it appears you don't know much about car aerodynamics (otherwise, you'd be appalled at all the misinformation that has been spread here), and (2) you haven't been following the debates here (or you wouldn't keep rehashing ground that has been exhaustively covered in the last few months - eg all the absurd ways the template has been being used).
You really love your stories. Everything is a big narrative to you in which you are the big hero rescuing us all from the evil baddies. I hate to break it to you, it all happens in your head. You give yourself permission to make all of these grand assumptions but damn those who point them out.

Because I'm asking you to stop making personal attacks and stop making baseless accusations of bad faith you assume I'm "defending the status quo" Of course, your version of the status quo is some unshakable truth we all must know because it exists in your head, right? Sure thing, buddy.

I have done and will continue to challenge "misinfomation" from anyone. Right now, though, I'm challenging your misinformation in the form of baseless accusations of bad faith. That's your real problem with me. You are the hero in your story. You never do those things. How dare I challenge you. Fascinating psychology.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.

The Following User Says Thank You to orange4boy For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-22-2020)