View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 03:52 PM   #58 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I wrote an insightful and thought-provoking response on my phone, but managed to hit Previous Thread instead of Post Quick Reply with my thumb, and it was lost forever!

I planned on describing the knot that I put in the rope as "The Eagle-Scoutiest Square Knot that an Eagle Scout ever knotted squarely" and planned on claiming that it was a real word, I saw it on Twitter.

The shed is 8x14, so 45° wouldn't go corner to corner.

Hold on. 8² + 14² = d
64 + 196 = 260

Quick! What's the square root of 260?!

2 x 5 x 13. What a mess!

I would need 16' 1.5" boards.

That sounds easier than building a frame under the shed like Basjoos originally recommended. I would just need to ensure that I put the rope where the reinforcement is.

The rope notched the trim on the corners. I am sure the 3" wide tow strap that I saw at Harbor Freight wouldn't do that, although it may have dented it slightly, but at 30 feet long, I would have needed 2!

I just watched the video. I didn't move the shed at all the second time last night.
Quote:
Yes most store are able to cut the rebar for our customers. I would suggest calling your local store to make sure they have a cutter and that it is working.
Cutting Rebar I don't know how likely it is that they can cut it at an angle, but how many pieces would I need if I keep pulling a digging bar at least an inch thick out of the ground?

When I looked up grounding rods Google suggested a video where a guy uses a demolition hammer to drive an 8' grounding rod completely into the ground in less than a minute, but he definitely has far softer ground than we do.

I need to get another magnet on an extension to try to fish out two screws for my heater core.