View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #503 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
It is mostly what you are used to. My wife and I were born and raised in Michigan. I didn't think it was cold until the temperature was below 0F. The coldest temperatures I have experienced is -32F actual / -80F windchill. I was outside delivering my paper route as normal.

Then I moved the Southeast for 15 years but never adapted to the summer heat. Above 80F is hot to me. I was painting my house and started at dawn an quit about 11 am. The neighbor across from me was building a rock wall. He came out about noon when the temperature was 95F and worked through the afternoon in the sun with temperatures above 100F.

When why wife and I were in Hawaii last year they had a "severe" cold snap and our Airbnb host checked in to see if we were ok. It got down to 75F at night and she said she had to wear her down parka to bed. I slept in shorts and a t-shirt with the windows open.
Oh of course i was just giving him a hard time. I'm just getting the winter blues lol.
Ecky (01-26-2021), JSH (01-26-2021)