View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 02:24 AM   #513 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is this within my price range?! Image heavy!

I only saw 2 clients Wednesday, but I had my boss and someone else in the office reach out to me, and I tried to figure out things with my supervisor, who may have put me up for adoption.

I need to get back to that. I think that I had a miscommunication with an employee that has since been fired, but someone please make sense of this:
On 9/2/2020 someone from our office sent their fourth request for a new authorization for a client that I have seen since October of 2018. I was CCed on those e-mails.

Someone finally reauthorized that client and I was allegedly good to go, but I wasn't seeing my in-person clients, there is a global pandemic, and that is the house where I was potentially exposed!

On 9/11 someone told me that if I didn't resume seeing my in-person clients I would lose them. There is one client that I have been able to see every week. There is one mom that confirms less than half of the time and sometimes no-shows after confirming.

Then there is that group home where the manager refuses to confirm and tells the support coordinator that I no-showed.

I saw that client a few times, but the site said that his authorization expired on 10/29. I e-mailed the manager saying that services were on-hold until there was a new authorization.

I never heard back, but apparently there was a new authorization for 11/5, which I didn't discover until Wednesday, when it expired.

They requested an Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) device evaluation. Apparently companies still make the old style, but iPads are vastly better and cheaper. If they want me to fill out a form I will say that a device isn't medically necessary. If they drop me they will spare me indefinite drama.

Anyway, Zillow notified me of this house for sale. It is old, but everything that I can see looks decent: 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and 1,577 square feet for $180,000. Mom says that we already looked at it, but it sold on 3/18/2020 for $75,000--and on 7/17/2018 for $50,000!

Kevin says that you can look up the pictures from previous listings, but I am having mixed success, and not directly from any real estate site. Archive.org doesn't have a copy of it, but Google does, although I cannot enlarge the images. I did find a fewer larger versions through reverse-image searches, but it was a small improvement.

However, each file ended with 192.jpg. I changed that to different computer numbers and it seems like they maxed out at 640x480. It is interesting to see this house before and after, but neither listing had pictures of every room in the house.
Looks good! They painted it orange?

Old:

Did they try to clean the fireplace?

Old: They replaced the flooring and removed the wood paneling.

New:

It's missing a drawer front!

Old: As far as I can tell they only painted the wall and replaced the light fixture.

Nice, new, and big refrigerator.

They ripped out the enclosure to fit a larger fridge. Why does the kitchen look shorter? You can see the right door frame in each picture.

For some reason I don't like this. Is the power out? Did it just need light?

They replaced the window with French doors?

Why doesn't the closet have doors?

I can only guess this is the same room. It may be from the opposite direction. They repainted and replaced the carpet.

I think this is the same room. The outlets and stuff line up.

They deleted a window?!! Why?! What a lovely crack in the concrete! They fixed it, though, right? You can see the door jamb, but only the window frame. I think they were hiding the worst part of the floor.

No, really, they fixed that, right?!

The current listing only shows 2 bedrooms, but I am sure this one looks much like the others:

Nice bathroom! Where is the toilet?

I don't have any idea which bathroom is which. The old pictures only showed part of the bathroom, neither of the current bathrooms has a tub.

Both current bathrooms have showers to the right of the sink. Where did the tub go?
Another nice bathroom!

This was hideous!

They probably just cleaned up and replaced the washer. What is the ROI on a laundry room?

Old. Hopefully they touched up the paint!

Old. Where is this?!

Old. Where is any of this?!

Hey! Was this the garage? Did they put carpet on the concrete and build those weird shelves?

So, they ripped out the shelves and carpet, then repainted?

What is the best use of a big room with a concrete floor? Putting in laminate?

New:

Old: Still big and curiously also covered in snow.

Old: A weird frame, a doghouse on wheels, the world's lowest railing, and a shed?

Well, I need to apply to grad school and then see if I can still qualify for anything.

This took too long!

Last edited by Xist; 01-31-2021 at 02:29 AM..