Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 PM   #511 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Yup. It said the site crashed.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-27-2021, 07:37 PM   #512 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Weird! I mentioned it on Facebook and was told:
Quote:
The EcoModder.com site is very much up and running.
Was that that fake news that lame kids refuse to stop mentioning?
Old 01-31-2021, 02:24 AM   #513 (permalink)
Not Doug

Is this within my price range?! Image heavy!

I only saw 2 clients Wednesday, but I had my boss and someone else in the office reach out to me, and I tried to figure out things with my supervisor, who may have put me up for adoption.

I need to get back to that. I think that I had a miscommunication with an employee that has since been fired, but someone please make sense of this:
On 9/2/2020 someone from our office sent their fourth request for a new authorization for a client that I have seen since October of 2018. I was CCed on those e-mails.

Someone finally reauthorized that client and I was allegedly good to go, but I wasn't seeing my in-person clients, there is a global pandemic, and that is the house where I was potentially exposed!

On 9/11 someone told me that if I didn't resume seeing my in-person clients I would lose them. There is one client that I have been able to see every week. There is one mom that confirms less than half of the time and sometimes no-shows after confirming.

Then there is that group home where the manager refuses to confirm and tells the support coordinator that I no-showed.

I saw that client a few times, but the site said that his authorization expired on 10/29. I e-mailed the manager saying that services were on-hold until there was a new authorization.

I never heard back, but apparently there was a new authorization for 11/5, which I didn't discover until Wednesday, when it expired.

They requested an Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) device evaluation. Apparently companies still make the old style, but iPads are vastly better and cheaper. If they want me to fill out a form I will say that a device isn't medically necessary. If they drop me they will spare me indefinite drama.

Anyway, Zillow notified me of this house for sale. It is old, but everything that I can see looks decent: 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, and 1,577 square feet for $180,000. Mom says that we already looked at it, but it sold on 3/18/2020 for $75,000--and on 7/17/2018 for $50,000!

Kevin says that you can look up the pictures from previous listings, but I am having mixed success, and not directly from any real estate site. Archive.org doesn't have a copy of it, but Google does, although I cannot enlarge the images. I did find a fewer larger versions through reverse-image searches, but it was a small improvement.

However, each file ended with 192.jpg. I changed that to different computer numbers and it seems like they maxed out at 640x480. It is interesting to see this house before and after, but neither listing had pictures of every room in the house.
Looks good! They painted it orange?

Old:

Did they try to clean the fireplace?

Old: They replaced the flooring and removed the wood paneling.

New:

It's missing a drawer front!

Old: As far as I can tell they only painted the wall and replaced the light fixture.

Nice, new, and big refrigerator.

They ripped out the enclosure to fit a larger fridge. Why does the kitchen look shorter? You can see the right door frame in each picture.

For some reason I don't like this. Is the power out? Did it just need light?

They replaced the window with French doors?

Why doesn't the closet have doors?

I can only guess this is the same room. It may be from the opposite direction. They repainted and replaced the carpet.

I think this is the same room. The outlets and stuff line up.

They deleted a window?!! Why?! What a lovely crack in the concrete! They fixed it, though, right? You can see the door jamb, but only the window frame. I think they were hiding the worst part of the floor.

No, really, they fixed that, right?!

The current listing only shows 2 bedrooms, but I am sure this one looks much like the others:

Nice bathroom! Where is the toilet?

I don't have any idea which bathroom is which. The old pictures only showed part of the bathroom, neither of the current bathrooms has a tub.

Both current bathrooms have showers to the right of the sink. Where did the tub go?
Another nice bathroom!

This was hideous!

They probably just cleaned up and replaced the washer. What is the ROI on a laundry room?

Old. Hopefully they touched up the paint!

Old. Where is this?!

Old. Where is any of this?!

Hey! Was this the garage? Did they put carpet on the concrete and build those weird shelves?

So, they ripped out the shelves and carpet, then repainted?

What is the best use of a big room with a concrete floor? Putting in laminate?

New:

Old: Still big and curiously also covered in snow.

Old: A weird frame, a doghouse on wheels, the world's lowest railing, and a shed?

Well, I need to apply to grad school and then see if I can still qualify for anything.

This took too long!

Last edited by Xist; 01-31-2021 at 02:29 AM..
Old 01-31-2021, 07:29 PM   #514 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Floating cork floors work great over concrete.

After the results in my current house I would never install a floating floor over a wooded subfloor again.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 08:55 PM   #515 (permalink)
Not Doug

I completed my application for a grad program in Colorado. Unfortunately, they also require a second application, but it it through the same site that NAU uses for their second application.

As long as I can get my references in on-time I will be able to complete this. Curiously, tomorrow is Free Application Day. It is also the deadline, so they want us to wait until the last minute?!

I already have my transcripts from MUMU and two of the SLPs that previously wrote me letters of recommendation have already said that they would fill out the form today or tomorrow.

Those were the two things that kept me from completing the last application.

However, this one has a long list of hippy questions.

They don't care about the fact that I have done much of the job of an SLP for over 5 years. They don't care about the fact that I was able to learn the subject material without constantly asking my professor for help and regularly visiting during office hours. They want people who can put problems on hold until someone in a position of authority can solve them for them.

Do they have White Knight Syndrome?
Old 02-01-2021, 09:02 AM   #516 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Paint those wooden cabinets a crazy color like white, blue, or black and you'll have the millennial dream home. :P
No lie though my friends painted their cabinets navy blue and honestly it looks good for how strange it sounds lol
Old 02-02-2021, 01:08 AM   #517 (permalink)
Not Doug

I only applied to two graduate programs today, but I didn't really miss any deadlines. One school wasn't accepting applications after all and another had the deadline today, but only for in-person classes. The on-line program, which starts earlier, has a deadline two weeks later, although they recommend submitting everything weeks early. They also require us to submit a video. I practiced a few times, but I still had difficulty speaking clearly the whole time.

I saw a full-time teletherapy position the other day. There wasn't much information and the website and e-mail addresses were wrong, but the phone number was correct, and I was able to figure out the rest. The site didn't say much, but it is a charter school. It seems like their websites usually have less information than public schools--like pay scales. I asked if they allowed therapists to work from home and they said "100%! When can we do an interview?" I always know far more before going to an interview!

I am going to try to find a job posting anywhere else to look for additional information and then commence tossing and turning. Mom bought me a MyPillow years ago and I slept immediately and soundly the first night, but with diminishing returns. I don't know if it still works better than a normal pillow, just that I have replaced my brother's twice since I moved in less than 3 years ago, and mine seems fine.

Consumer Reports says that the $60 Coop pillow is the best, so I ordered one, but Mom says that my brother needs two pillows.

I don't see the point in having one fancy pillow under another one, so I ordered Amazon Basics Customizable Down-Alternative Pillow, 2 for $37.

For some reason the more expensive one arrived a day earlier. It is supposed to be significantly better than my MyPillow pillow, but both are made out of shredded memory foam.

My brother doesn't give us feedback, so I will try it out tonight. It would be great if I could actually sleep well before a phone interview for a job that I don't know if I want!

So, thus far I have spent:
$403.13 worth of fines and stuff for MUMU
$7.25 MUMU transcripts
$50 to apply to Northern Colorado
$133 to apply to NCo through CSDCAS.
$65 to apply to Idaho
$53 to apply to Idaho through CSDCAS.
$711.38 so far!

I uploaded my GRE scores and transcripts to the CSDCASCA and it sends my stuff to the schools, once I pay a heft fee.

Idaho stopped using the GRE because the test doesn't celebrate diversity.
Does the Praxis? We need that to become SLPs!
Northern Colorado doesn't require the GRE, either. I did awesomely on that! I was able to study away from bad students!
Old 02-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #518 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
It would be great if I could actually sleep well before a phone interview for a job that I don't know if I want!
Those are the best type of interviews. No pressure.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:19 PM   #519 (permalink)
Not Doug

Reminder: T-Mobile offers 4% interest [on $3,000]

You need a cell phone plan with them. They don't service my area. https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/home.html

I spent all morning trying to find a picture with my niece. She was clingy one time that I visited. The woman that I was dating came to pick me up, but my niece refused to let go. I think that it took 5-10 minutes and help to pry her off.

I had less fun on the date than I would have had I stayed.

I took a picture with my niece and pretended to pry her off with a spatula. Someone commented that I had nail polish, which should tell you exactly how cute my niece is.

Nobody else could have managed that.

For some reason I have an overwhelming desire to share this with an Economics professor.

I really didn't have the time to look for a picture.

I really didn't have the time to talk to her on Zoom for 90 minutes last night.

I really don't have the time to drive to Payson to meet her for breakfast on Saturday.

Please excuse me while I try to manage some time.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #520 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
You need a cell phone plan with them. They don't service my area. https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/home.html

I spent all morning trying to find a picture with my niece. She was clingy one time that I visited. The woman that I was dating came to pick me up, but my niece refused to let go. I think that it took 5-10 minutes and help to pry her off.

I had less fun on the date than I would have had I stayed.

I took a picture with my niece and pretended to pry her off with a spatula. Someone commented that I had nail polish, which should tell you exactly how cute my niece is.

Nobody else could have managed that.

For some reason I have an overwhelming desire to share this with an Economics professor.

I really didn't have the time to look for a picture.

I really didn't have the time to talk to her on Zoom for 90 minutes last night.

I really don't have the time to drive to Payson to meet her for breakfast on Saturday.

Please excuse me while I try to manage some time.
On the subject of phone plans if anybody is wanting to swap to a prepaid plan... Visible is the ****. Verizon LTE completely unlimited plan. Swapped from ATT and my bill went from $75 plus fees a month to $25.00 a month on the family plan. I just brought my unlocked phone over and popped in the sim. The cool part is that each phone pays their bill separately.
T-mobile doesn't service this area unfortunately.
You will get throttle in areas where there a ton of people trying to use the internet tho since you aren't a priority internet customer (downtown on a Saturday night at the bars) but phone and text always works.