Thread: Next Vehicle?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Last I drove one, I liked the engine and how it handled (for what it is).
I think it is quite a neat vehicle. Basically a Tundra but for about 6 grand less. From what I've seen as long as you don't let it rust, and change the oil every 5k, and timing belt every 100k they seem to almost last forever. This to me makes up the mpg hit vs some of the higher ones from worse brands.
I was driving it home and my friend was driving the Prius and it would accelerate pretty damn quick to 70mph while just using 2k rpms and the prius would take a little while to catch up.
Also I figured out all of the wood grain on the doors, console, dash etc... is just stick on from the factory so I've been peeling it off and it looks a lot better. Less Grandma'ey.
Like the Prius which i found to dramatically lose value at around 90-100k, the Sequoias seem to take a dive in value at 200k. I'm assuming because thats when all the maintenance comes due. Timing belt kit is $1100 from toyota (basically 25% of its value). lol
Ecky (02-01-2021)