View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 01:08 AM   #517 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I only applied to two graduate programs today, but I didn't really miss any deadlines. One school wasn't accepting applications after all and another had the deadline today, but only for in-person classes. The on-line program, which starts earlier, has a deadline two weeks later, although they recommend submitting everything weeks early. They also require us to submit a video. I practiced a few times, but I still had difficulty speaking clearly the whole time.

I saw a full-time teletherapy position the other day. There wasn't much information and the website and e-mail addresses were wrong, but the phone number was correct, and I was able to figure out the rest. The site didn't say much, but it is a charter school. It seems like their websites usually have less information than public schools--like pay scales. I asked if they allowed therapists to work from home and they said "100%! When can we do an interview?" I always know far more before going to an interview!

I am going to try to find a job posting anywhere else to look for additional information and then commence tossing and turning. Mom bought me a MyPillow years ago and I slept immediately and soundly the first night, but with diminishing returns. I don't know if it still works better than a normal pillow, just that I have replaced my brother's twice since I moved in less than 3 years ago, and mine seems fine.

Consumer Reports says that the $60 Coop pillow is the best, so I ordered one, but Mom says that my brother needs two pillows.

I don't see the point in having one fancy pillow under another one, so I ordered Amazon Basics Customizable Down-Alternative Pillow, 2 for $37.

For some reason the more expensive one arrived a day earlier. It is supposed to be significantly better than my MyPillow pillow, but both are made out of shredded memory foam.

My brother doesn't give us feedback, so I will try it out tonight. It would be great if I could actually sleep well before a phone interview for a job that I don't know if I want!

So, thus far I have spent:
$403.13 worth of fines and stuff for MUMU
$7.25 MUMU transcripts
$50 to apply to Northern Colorado
$133 to apply to NCo through CSDCAS.
$65 to apply to Idaho
$53 to apply to Idaho through CSDCAS.
$711.38 so far!

I uploaded my GRE scores and transcripts to the CSDCASCA and it sends my stuff to the schools, once I pay a heft fee.

Idaho stopped using the GRE because the test doesn't celebrate diversity.
Does the Praxis? We need that to become SLPs!
Northern Colorado doesn't require the GRE, either. I did awesomely on that! I was able to study away from bad students!