View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Gaming performance is related to latency, and legacy sat internet had a very perceptible lag; something like half a second roundtrip.

Comcast is offering 25 mbps for $20/mo, and 100 mbps for $35. When the promo year is up, switch to CenturyLink for a year for similar pricing. Else, simply ask to pay less and they will split the difference.

I asked to have my parents internet bill reduced and they apologized, informing that their service package was no longer offered. Instead they would have to settle for half the cost and 4x the speed.
Sorry I was referring to trading. You have to have colocated server racks if you want any chance at automated trading on the usual exchanges. Gaming yes, a few ms matters.

Advertised speed and actual speed come out to be pretty different in my experience. 25mbps Comcast seemed to work better than 25mbps AT&T but I don't think I ever actually got 25mbps. TBH, I still can't imagine streaming 4 4k videos at once like Linus Tech Tips did, because my expectations for internet speed are so poor.