View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:59 PM   #699 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Jerry! You're not dead! I am very pleased. It's been a while.

I gotta say I miss the Centurion's relentless tearing up of all challengers in the economy contests. It speaks volumes for the simple, effective formula of less mass + less frontal area + low(ish) drag = crazy good mileage. When all this is over I look forward to seeing Kubota Racing dominating the top of the leaderboard while everyone else is battling for a distant second.
Hello elhigh!
I never really went anywhere - I lurk. This has given me time to get a few other projects of interest done. During my exile, I've managed to start a local newsletter called "High-Octane" and all the editions are here for your reading pleasure! A few highlights from the series are:
-
This GL1100 Goldwing that I customized and won Naked Goldwings Bike of the Year for 2020 (41mpg):
-

-
Click to open this edition
-
-
Supercharged this 1978 GL1000 Goldwing (51mpg):
-

-
Click to read about the Supercharged Goldwing
-
-
Am finishing up on this vintage 1950 Plymouth Patrol Cruiser (18-22mpg):
-

-
This one's a dandy!
-
-
Ran a feature on the Green Grand Prix in Feb 2021:
-

-
Part 1 of the Green Grand Prix Newsletter
-
-
And for March, completed part 2 of that with an edition about Centurion:
-

-
The Amazing Centurion - MPG Marvel!
-
-
Still waiting for lithium batteries to take another leap so the electric "CenturIon" can be put into service. In the meantime, I'll find lots more to do!!! Between the electric that is in waiting, and Mr. Riley's original prototype, the Centurion story isn't over yet!!
-
~CrazyJerry~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
COcyclist (03-06-2021), MetroMPG (03-07-2021), M_a_t_t (03-06-2021), nemo (03-07-2021), RedDevil (03-06-2021), redneck (03-06-2021)