View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Galvatron1
Environmentalist

After all the snow last year & being next to hills impossible to climb in A/S, since I never bought new winter tires, I decided to check out LRR A/S with decent snow ratings.

I was surprised to see MICHELIN Cross Climate 2, which just came out, have the 3 peak snowflake & is Severe Snow Service Rated.

According to many YT reviews, including Engineering Explained, these A/S tires perform better than some winter tires! What sorcery is this, that everyone’s claiming this new tread pattern and compound allows it to have excellent LRR, tread wear and traction, including winter performance? I thought there were sacrifices that had to be made in the triangle? Is it possible this thing is a breakthrough? Sounds like an excellent question to ask of Capri Racer!

Also wonder if they’re superior to Nokian WRG4. Anyone here have Michelin Cross Climate 2, to share their triangle experience?

Just wanted to add how much I appreciate the ecomodder community. I hang on to every piece of great advice, so thank you!! On Reddit, hypermiling is heavily criticized and looked down upon & I feel alienated, outside of this community, & amongst varying opinions, & sometimes at a loss of words when defending hypermiling. Or as I like to say, hypersmiling. I did get a laugh on the thread reading about problems hypermilers face, so relatable to me, so thank you.

Last edited by Galvatron1; 03-30-2021 at 05:51 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Galvatron1 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (03-30-2021)