View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 02:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
Yes all in four days. I am renovating my one house so mods are done in 6 hours time frame. Testing has took also about 8 hours.

Testing:
Same warm up route about 20km. After that test runs A B directions about 5km each direction inside forest covered road sections where is up and down sections. Not that much level road in this.

On first time when did tests checked how accurate were the results and cars own obd computer was 0,1kwh accurate on the end results. To verify car is fully warm

After that on the mods if easily possible take on and off the mods for each runs. sodoing ABA. I measure consumption figures on few points on the course and in the end also. Measuring points on the course will give little bit more accuracy for the results and from those you can see if something likeheavy wind migth have happened during testing. Also other diretion is little bit more uphill. On diesel testing I have noticed that some mods work better to other direction than other due to heavier uphill driving. On the EV that should not be so big problem as I cannot change the ECU programming on this like on the diesel.

I know its not easy to measure such a small changes and migth do more verifying when I am more get used to the car. Outside temps have been 4-6 celsius so pretty same. Road temps I havent measured but during each test they are pretty constant as it takes under one hour to finish.

Battery slow charge times make testing little bit more difficult than with diesel cars, but on the other hand on my own gas pedal use I was not able to save nothing compared to cruise control.
Interesting. Do the test with the windows down. I have data for a Tesla Model 3 windows up /down.