View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
GM should consider ponying up the Krugerrand to let it use the Tesla Supercharger network, you don't want to be stuck at the 22kW charger at Aldi with this thing.

Edit: You'd be charging at ~35mph.
In the USA Tesla still uses their proprietary plug while everyone else uses CCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Someone else doubted the CyberTruck would be cheaper, but I'm going off what has been presented so far. The Hummer base price is $80k. The CyberTruck base price is $40k. The fully loaded CyberTruck doesn't quite hit $80k, the base price of the Hummer. The fully loaded Hummer is supposed to be up around $110k.

I believe the CyberTruck is going to be the "value" truck. I also expect pricing to be close to what Elon said it will be. He did briefly produce the $35k Model 3 as promised, and you can still phone order it for $36k.

Musk promises seem to be accurate but for timeframe.

Tesla discontinued sale of the secret menu $35K Model 3 at the end of 2020. The cheapest Model 3 is $38,500 now.

Musk isn't even playing the secret menu game with the Model Y. The Model Y SR went on sale in January for $43K. It dropped to $42K, then to the promised $39,990 on February 18th and was pulled from the website February 22. No secret menu option. The cheapest Model Y is $50K today.

I expect the same games for the base Cybertruck.

Last edited by JSH; 04-09-2021 at 01:30 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-09-2021)