View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I hope that I found something

People keep saying that the economy is doing poorly, so everyone wants used cars. People also keep saying that with the stimulus money, people have just enough money for cheap used cars. My girlfriend also keeps asking "Isn't it because of semiconductor shortages?!"

"What? Okay."

We finally started getting responses from people, so my girlfriend drove me to Phoenix to look at a 2006 Corolla. I had concerns with the car and the seller. The CarFax showed that it had been rear-ended and someone replaced the rear bumper, trunk lid, right fender, left quarter panel, right quarter panel, and tail light assembly. I took it for a short test drive and I developed more concerns. I said that everything looked good, but I never bought a car without having a mechanic inspect it. He said that he wasn't taking his car to a shop and I left immediately.

A lady agreed to meet up with us. She is selling a 2004 Camry. I seriously wanted something smaller, but Mom's Camry has been fantastic, and it is almost exactly the same car. The lady told us to take it for a test drive on the freeway, which was miles away, I stopped to do donuts clockwise and counterclockwise. There are a few dents and the tint doesn't seem professional, but tolerable. The CarFax showed minor damage to the corner of the front bumper. It didn't say that any parts were replaced. There is a scuff there, but not bad.

She showed messages from dozens of people contacting her about the car, but said that she would meet us at a repair shop in the morning and not show it to anyone else.

One place four miles away opens at seven!

Well, I need to go to bed so I can call a shop at 7! Take care!