View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 09:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_a_t_t View Post
I think you're missing a point.

The metro radiator is the stock radiator for that engine, so yes, it would be sufficient as well as the water pump.

Given the scope of this cite it would be safe to assume we are looking at an econo-box. One that is full of tinkering, so a general idea of what might work is pretty much what I was hoping for.

Edit:
No sense in waiting to post about it. I am really interested in trying to mimic the 911 carrera's radiator setup. I like a bare engine bay, the minimalist look you might say. So I was thinking maybe I could try and use some ducting and tuck the radiator (whatever it might end up being) between the bumper and wheel wells. The stock radiators seem WAY too big to fit in that area. So I was hoping to do some initial research into what might work. Then when the time comes maybe do some testing. Since it would require dismantling and building a custom setup each time I'd like to get a solid plan down before tearing into it.
The normal approach is to either (1) use the radiator that's fitted as standard with the new engine or (2) select a radiator from another car that cools an engine of a similar power output*.

I'd imagine you'd want to use two small radiators, one each side, to allow easier ducting to the area in front of the wheels. So use approach (2) above, with each of the new radiators normally working with an engine of at least half the power of your new engine.

But I might add: what you're embarking on will be a huge amount of work with no guarantee of success in reducing drag.

*and normally of a similar engine type

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 04-23-2021 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: expansion