View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #131 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
My grandfather was a wealthy attorney, and he'd contemplate for years his next vehicle purchase; to replace his 15 year old one. His financial caution passed on to me as I sit on the Chevy Bolt forum for 3 years contemplating a used EV.
I'm neither wealthy or as finantial-cautious I wish I was, but I've done the math a few times and didn't buy a car on many opportunities when I could've done a not-so-bad deal. To eventually address some actual necessity for a motor vehicle, even though motorcycles have been out of question due to my bad knees, I've considered getting one and either bolt it to a side-car or convert into a tricycle as those options would be enough to haul my dog and some luggage plus one or two eventual passengers if need arised. Actually even considered adding an electric motor to the side-car wheel in order to provide reversing and eventually additional traction while riding off-road.

Quote:
There's some happy medium between wasting your life researching the best financial move, and spending cash on vanity.
Figuring out what is such happy medium, and how to reach it, is the hardest deal.