View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:08 PM   #1313 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 39.99 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Friends of mine own a used car lot... and this is currently on their lot!

2008 5-speed with 255k kms = 158k miles. Accident-free. Asking $995 as-is [not mechanically inspected, which is needed in Ontario for the new owner to get plates].

They get many of their cars from the local new car dealers -- usually trade-ins that are older or have higher kms. This is one of those.

It's the trim with power windows & locks, so maybe also has AC and cruise? I dunno my Fits.

They say it drives fine - they've been using it as their errand car for a few weeks.

But I just said to someone yesterday: I have to start getting rid of cars. Not buying more! Far too many projects.
In the US there are two Fit trims. The Sport trim (off the top of my head) gets cruise control, 15" wheels (vs 14), fog lights, and a rear spoiler. I don't keep an updated fuel log but my partner consistently gets low 40's in winter and high 40's in summer. Some trips are in excess or 50. It has the aerodynamics of a brick and short gearing, but it's light and has as extremely efficient engine. They're also absurdly reliable and regularly go 300k+ miles with virtually zero maintenance, other than perhaps the occasional coil pack. Low hanging fruit would be putting an Insight or Civic hybrid gearbox in it, or maybe just 5th gear or the final drive from these.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (05-14-2021)