View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #719 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Ack - David - just saw your post. Sorry for the tardy reply. I didn't even see you register. That's what I get for disappearing for most of Sept to go sailing.

Looks like you've got the fuel log figured out OK.

As for the BTU differences, I've seen the difference explained as "summer" and "winter" blends (winter blend has less energy content).

----

ForkenSwift miscellany...

• So I haven't updated this thread since late Aug., and that's because until this week I hadn't used the car since then. Bicycle weather, and being away for a while will do that. Fortunately Ivan uses the car and keeps the pack exercised.

I typically use the car more in the winter because I'm really a 3.5 season cyclist. When it gets truly cold or nasty, I drive it for local trips. But it looks like I'm going to move to the east coast this winter, and I'll be leaving the ForkenSwift in Ivan's capable... driveway. We've been talking about taking it off the road this winter.

If he IS going to keep it on the road this winter, we need to prep it: patch a couple more rusty bits in the floor, and undercoat/oil the whole thing. Don't want it turning to swiss cheese on us.
  • Also, it's dripping a fair amount of oil from the transaxle in a most ironic fashion - I think an axle seal is gone.
  • People are still interested in it: I just gave an interview today to a student magazine at Algonquin College in Ottawa. If it goes online, I'll post the link.
  • Oh - and I was at the EV club meeting in Ottawa on Monday evening and Allan donated another dead floodie to the cause. I put it in the car on Wednesday and have run it through one cycle so far. Too soon to say whether it's going to be a keeper or not. It was discharged when I got it, and it might take a few cycles to equalize it with the others.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget