View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 03:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Actually, it's very interesting. When you write a book on a topic, and the book attempts to cover a broad area of that topic, it's a huge learning experience. That's because, if you are honest with yourself, you cannot just skirt past stuff you don't really know.

So at the moment, with my book I am writing on the history of suspension, I have just today written to an expert saying:

"If you know of any published information on torsional / bending stiffnesses of cars of the last 50 years, I am very interested! I also don't have any clear info on relating body stiffness frequency measurements to torsional and bending stiffness. There seems to be few technical papers available on these topics."

So, when I have obtained some information on this, and got my head around it, and being guided by real experts, I'll be pretty confident in commenting on this topic in a future discussion group talking about car suspension and torsional body stiffness.

It's been the same time after time with car aero. When you show that you're trying to understand, and are prepared to do the hard yards, I've found real experts just bend over backwards to help.

Why do they do that with little ol' Julian from Dalton, New South Wales, Australia?

Because they want good information out there!

They see so much absolute rubbish around that when someone comes to them and really wants the right info to publish, they're just so positive!

And the relevance to this group? When I see so much misinformation being spread, and I realise the source of that misinformation is one man, then yes, I try to correct it.

I started off expecting that person to acknowledge their mistakes, but I soon realised that Aerohead never, ever, ever does so - so then it becomes just silly. A silly game.

Except - except - that people trying to learn are being massively misled. And, as a hands-on car modifier who has spent thousands of hours modifying cars, I just hate seeing other car modifiers being misled.

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 06-25-2021 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-25-2021)