View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zunigrijje
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - '15 Suzuki Celerio
90 day: 71.25 mpg (US)
E10 vs Shell V-Power ( Benelux Europe )

I have been successfully comparing E10 which has become, the new Euro 95 in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg. My theory was, that because of V-Power not containing bio-ethanol. That I should be able to drive more fuel efficient.

Well it turns out it's true! So not a lie, which most car owners who can't control their right feet claim it to be. The V-Power is € 0,213 more expensive in Belgium, then the E10. Atleast at Shell Express Maaseik in Belgium.

So it turns out I'm able to do almost 32KM/L when almost exclusively driving on the highway and paying attention to the real-time fuel consumption metre. With E10 I'm able to do max 27KM/L, so per KM tanking the V-Power actually makes the car drive more fuel efficient.

Also see my Spritmonitor, I kept track of E10 for a longer period in the past and also tried cheaper Euro 98 from Gabriels. A discount fuel station, and the fuel consumption was worse than normal Super E5.

I'm driving a Suzuki Celerio: Dutch Suzuki Celerio, with K10C engine and Cruisecontrol.