View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zunigrijje
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - '15 Suzuki Celerio
90 day: 71.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Unless it's effectively required in order to avoid knocking, resorting to an octane rating higher than specified is overkill. It won't do any actual harm, but it's also not so likely to improve fuel-efficiency at all.

Lots of those in Uruguay. Besides a car being generally quite expensive there, fuel costs are also a PITA, leading many Uruguayans to fill up at the Brazilian side of the border, even though the ethanol content here is around 22 to 27%.
I think it's the lack of bio-ethanol in V-Power, that gets the difference in fuel economy. Yes the Suzuki Celerio sold in The Netherlands, has a very fuel efficient gasoline engine. More efficient than an hybrid.... in the end those have two motors... while mine only has a gasoline.

So I'm quite sure my car won't Profit from the higher octane level, that's why I don't even bother tanking V-Power Racing in Germany which is octane level 100. But the price of V-Power is higher in Germany, than Belgium.

Take in mind, in Europe we use a different octane rating system than the USA. Also fuel is way more expensive.