View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 04:11 AM   #87 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I rear-ended myself!

I slept all of the way until 0745. At 0827 Perkins Cinders called and said the truck was on its way. I asked how long I had and they said "About 15 minutes."

I grabbed all of the keys, moved the Camries and Accord, and the truck rolled up the street, about 5 minutes after I got off the phone. I removed the chock blocks and tried to nudge my Civic forward, hoping I wouldn't lose control, but she didn't budge. I ran the winch from the Civic to my Accord, but I really should have set the 6x6 against the fenceposts, run my tow rope, and attached a cargo strap just a little too short.

Nope! The Civic rolled into the Accord!

I inched forward and the Civic didn't move at all until it collided with the Accord again--and again.

I had been trying to steer the Accord around the pile of dirt, but it continued straight. I stopped when the Civic was just short of the No Parking Sign. I jacked up the front and the Civic rolled into the sign post.

I managed to straighten out my Civic somewhat, but it went as well as moving it thus far.

Fortunately, the rest of the day went much better, or at least I got banged up, not any car or the shed.

There is a scratch on the passenger side and a dent on the driver's side, but I think that someone gave me a worse one years ago, and solved that with hot water.

Watch me fix that before I put the car back together!

My girlfriend and I moved about half as much gravel as I needed before we ran to Sonic and Aliberto's.

I was so quiet my girlfriend asked if she did something wrong.

"What?! No! You worked harder than I did! You're awesome!"

I saw two clients, but wasn't able to see the other two. Some guys from Church volunteered to help. I offered them pizza, donuts, soda, whatever they wanted.

One guy asked for water and pizza, so I had 3 pizzas delivered for the low low price of $70, and I put some water bottles in the freezer.

A neighbor asked if she could have any leftover gravel and the guys from Church filled up 4-5 wheelbarrows and dumped it in her yard.

Mom finally identified the one plant she wanted to keep in her garden and I removed a crazy amount of pine needles--so crazy there was hardly any dirt left! We removed most of the grass and then filled up the raised garden. I just wish that Mom would have let me load it up, I don't want this settling down to half its volume!

When I returned the neighbor's wheelbarrow he had me fill it with dirt and then the neighbor across the street asked if she could have some too.

My girlfriend and I finally ate and then we just sat in my Camry and rested. At least it was nice out. We had the windows down.

I finally emptied the shed. All of the stuff from the shelves in the back are under that blue awning.

You cannot really see the shed behind the awning and junk.

I need to mend the 4x4 on the left side, jack the shed back up, and level the gravel side-to-side.

I already leveled it front-to-back.

I need to use the rest of the insulation, get some more, and install it.

What is the smallest package of insulation I can buy?

I only need 5 batts!

Then I drywall! That is fun, right?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I rear-ended myself!.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	30988