View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #1353 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I never turned off notifications from when I bought my Camry. Someone posted a newer prettier car with fewer miles for the same price or less. I had planned on selling the Accord, but if I bought another car I would need to sell one immediately.

Only the Camry was ready to sell, but it turned out the other car had been in an accident, the seller owned the car for a few months, not several years, it had 300,000 miles, and the license plate from another car.

I learned all of that from CarFax, which a friend got new for a discount.

If I bought the Corolla I would need to sell a car immediately and it only needed a fender and door, so I hoped to sell it down in Phoenix after driving down to get the parts, and then use the proceeds to fund my habits...like food and rent.

That would finance many repairs and I might even be able to afford having someone who knows what they are doing do it, or at least buy the proper tools.

Unfortunately, while this was the exact car that I tried to find two months ago, but Facebook didn't notify me. I saw it the next day when I looked for something else. I felt that I needed to convince Mom before trying to buy yet another car, but she wouldn't be up for hours.

I asked the seller if her son was okay and she responded that the sale is pending.

Mom snoozes I lose.

I didn't care about the son anyway!