View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Bob [He Who Likes to Make Stuff] made a slide-out pantry! :D

I was trying to figure out how to make the best use of a spot Mom has in her kitchen. Right now she has a 2-drawer filing cabinet there.

Dude, we have so many 2-drawer filing cabinets!

Obviously I could replace that filing cabinet with a 4-drawer one, but a year ago I was trying to find something that looked better in the kitchen. You know, something that I would have a one-in-a-million chance of Mom approving.

So, you're saying there's a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I discovered slide-out pantries:

That looks perfect! I didn't look on-line at the time, but I figured that this would be excessively expensive, so I tried to find plans. I finally gave up and tried to figure out how to make my own and encountered this:
Have you had recent orders canceled?

I finally got the standard pantry that I ordered and Mom promptly bought enough food to fill it and still live on the floor. I recently bought one from Home Depot, but I haven't had the time to set it up. She doesn't want me to, she keeps telling me to drag it into the garage and open one end, because that would be totally adequate to air out the boards, despite the one that I assembled almost a year ago still smelling!

I keep trying to explain surface area, but she has zero tolerance for math, reason, and logic.

The thing is, in order to make room for the cabinet, I need to get Dad's old printer stand out of there, which would require emptying the printer stand, and relocating Dad's old office printer onto the filing cabinet next to my television in my room.

I use it as a computer monitor.

I am sure that I would finally use the drawers in the cabinet to store stuff because there would be a giant printer where I currently have some random stuff.

Before I can bring out the printer I really need to move my computer, 43" television, and my table out of the way, drag out my old twin XL mattress, and push everything 8" deeper under my loft, virtually guaranteeing that I will start hitting my head again.

Did I work on any of that last night?

No, I visited my girlfriend.

Am I working on any of this tonight?

No, I am visiting my girlfriend.

It is sad that I would rather have a helper than a meaningful relationship, but do you really want me to list all of the things that I need to fix?!

Anyway, I didn't have the time to watch [or post about] this, but Bob made a video about one of my many projects!