Thread: Orbis Wheel
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I sent a message to the company last night and received a response this morning. The rep said that the pandemic actually helped their engineering and manufacturing planning productivity. He asserted that a "highly regarded performance aftermarket brand" is interesdted in distribution rights and "actively" engaged. And he gave these particulars:

Quote:
Assuming we can structure a deal, we should see the following products enter market in mid-2022:

18” x 8 & 18” x 9 two-piece forged aluminum wheels with a bespoke spider as an option
90hp / 540 ft-lb per wheel (300V “narrow motor” without gearbox)
110hp / 1835 ft-lb per wheel (300V “long motor” with gearbox)
Compatible with strut / SLA, unequal length A, and trailing arm (some finish machining required in all cases for direct bolt-on)
Recommended battery: 15kWh (3 / 5kWh “Mini Modules” from Cascadia Motion)
Pricing TBD
I have asked followup about the torque numbers and about mitigating the danger of debris. Will post reply when I get one.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.