View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #638 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Eh... depends. I bought my house without a realtor and i had a more competitive offer since i didn't come with a 3% leach attached to me. Also, when I sold my house i gave the buyers a better deal since they didn't bring a realtor. Realtors seem useless. Just need a loan officer on dial.
It may depend on local circumstances but in the 4 states I've purchased a house you aren't go to be able to see a house for sale without a realtor unless you wait for an open house. A seller's agent isn't going to meet a random buyer and without a buyer's agent you aren't getting into the lockbox with the key.

Likewise when selling a house you aren't going to get on the MLS without a realtor listing the property. No MLS and 99% of buyer's aren't going to see that your house is for sale.

I certainly wouldn't try to buy a house for the first time without a realtor - especially in a hot market where houses are selling within a week.

I completely agree the way realtors are paid is crazy. It doesn't take any more effort to sell a $500K house than a $100K house so why is pay based on a percentage of sale price?
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (08-27-2021)