View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Piotrsko
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,117 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Correct. It iced up while I was cross-country skiing more than 100 miles from home. The car cranked about a 1/2 revolution and stopped. I originally thought the battery was low and jumped it. It started after a couple of tries.

The fix is not a recall (mandatory) it is a service bulletin (at dealer's discretion). The dealer said unless I have the car towed in hydrolocked they won't do anything for that TSB. (The other local dealer I called said the same thing) From threads over on TDIClub it also appear the "fix" doesn't actually work 100%.
On my 13 it was for specific locations which they did during an annual service changing the airfilter. on the 14 with the supposedly revised airbox inlet flapper it was a TSB if they ever found water inclusion in the airbox which they always do. Better to have a lower grill inlet block and the 1/16 drill drain in the intercooler downpipe. Nope it doesn't improve stuff, but it does pee indicator fluids on the floor. The TDI forum said my TDI was going to self destruct soon because of that drain hole. I am still waiting after all this time.