View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 12:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
I kept asking Mom about her tree:

It took months to get her to call her arborist and weeks to hear back. He suggested cutting the dead branches and see if it is doing better in the spring. He said they would stop by in the afternoon, but it has been days, so this morning I rented a truck, saw, and chipper. The saw worked great, but I couldn't get the chipper to reach full speed. When I finally got it running I tossed in a few small branches and it died. When I tried to restart it it needed to chew the branches and it never stayed running, so I grabbed Mom's old recliner couches, threw them in the back, strapped the branches on top, and took the branches and the recliner couches to the dump.

I sure wish I could have gotten my brother to help me!

I didn't have time to work on the greenhouse before my client, who didn't connect. I wasted too much time afterwards and didn't go outside until six.

It was already dark! I grabbed my headlamp and did the last four boards in the back. I figured that I needed three on each side, so I measured the gap.
68"
I divided that by three and, instead of marking where to put the edge of each board like before, I marked where to put the outside of the boards on each side, figuring that it would be easy to split the difference. I cut and installed them and realized that you divide by four for three boards.
The boards in the front and back are 20" apart, on-center.
The ones on the side are 22.67" apart, on center.
An extra 13.33% shouldn't make a big difference, but it won't help.
By the way, they should have been 17" apart, on-center, 17.6% stronger than 20" on-center.
I need to cut and install the two boards on the other side tomorrow. Then I will screw in the rafters and see if the rest of the plastic sheet is any good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211006_112050.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	31365   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211011_110937.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	31366