View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #687 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
The last supervisor was great until she started changing my progress reports and refused to tell me what she wanted me to do differently or what she had changed. She acted like I was insubordinate for refusing to sign off on legal documents when I didn't know what changes she made.

I needed to fix changes she made previously. It is amazing how these people magically know what happens in sessions they didn't observe with clients they never met.
So you have the same problem with both supervisors. That tells me the problem is you, not the supervisors. There is a way your company wants the paperwork done and you aren't doing it that way.

Quote:
This one had me make what I think was the sixth version last night and the seventh this morning. She isn't complaining about the changes that I make, she is telling me exactly what to write, but usually she tells me to remove entire sentences. She keeps finding new thing she doesn't like.

The paragraph explaining it is my professional opinion that an iPad isn't medically necessary for my former client is now half as long as it used to be.

If she tells me to remove so many reasons that she then says that I don't have a good argument against a free $5,000 iPad, I might as well recommend in favor I will flatly refuse and tolerate no discussion.
How much does your company make on that $5,000 iPad if you say the client needs it? How much does the way your write your report effect how much the company makes? There is likely a reason you supervisors and boss are telling you to write your reports a certain way.

Can you even make the call if they need the iPad or it that decision up to the SLP that is responsible for the clients treatment plan?

Quote:
The whole document is my professional opinion, not one of a third party that recently learned of my client and myself, and has never met either of us.
That 3rd party is the SLP that is responsible for the client. You are their assistant.