Thread: Coal power
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #214 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
if, why,..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
If wind and solar are the cheapest then why does it seem like a good portion of the world, china where most of the worlds solar panels are made plus a heck of a lot of wind turbines, India and Germany are running not walking back to coal?

Also PNM is still fighting for that 14.4% rate increase so they can add more supposedly "cheaper wind and solar".
I'd need to see the data for one thing.
Seems like those with an affinity for, or economic ties to fossil fuels, have frustrated efforts by school boards to educate the general population. If the kids can't learn it, they can't go home and teach their parents, whom I'm pretty certain, never received any formal education about energy.
If you don't have the information you can't have the knowledge. Without knowledge you don't have a working democracy. Which is really good for keeping things just the way they are. And is right now, exactly what Big Oil is trying to defend themselves against indictments for, in front of Congress.
If the billionaire PNM shareholders have to start paying income tax, your rate increase will vanish.
Maybe a crisis was the agenda. We're so attached to mindless consumption, it's actually painful if we actually have to think before we act. Scare people away from renewables, on the threat of anything you can think up, and buy additional decades of sales, for a pittance in propaganda expenses. Brilliant!
According to some lobbyists, then, $ 869-trillion from the taxpayers is cheaper than $ 3-trillion from the taxpayers.
Obviously, $ 3-trillion, and 28.3-cents/ day/ per capita, over 10-years is clearly more expensive than $ 11-trillion, and 1,037.66-cents / day /per capita, over 79-years.
It's the new math! How you you melt down the entire global economy, for love of boilers and pistons.
When I was 'engineering' I paid 23.8% federal income tax. Certainly 15% is too much for a billionaire.

Last edited by aerohead; 10-29-2021 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: add data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (10-30-2021), RedDevil (10-30-2021)