View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #131 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
We all however, should not forget IMO:

1. The thrill of being 19 again
2. Most of us would not recognize a future Einstein in the making
3. Einstein is said to have been only 16 when he was forming the early foundations for his "miracle" theories only a few years later
4. And if the OP can find his way thru the weeds here, I'm impressed and offer only encouragement for the young man
Haha, guess who’s back?

I’ve gotten more experience in the seat, and now I come back to this thread to laugh at myself. I know a lot more now. Not Einstein, but thank you.

Some things I’ve done since I last posted in this thread:
-Took my 5 days on/2 days off work schedule and made it a 3 days on/4 days off work schedule. Three 12 hour shifts instead of several 6 hour ones, and I’d stay at my grandmothers in the nearby town. Instead of 10 trips, that’s only 2. Huge gas savings, but I get homesick.
-Removed my aero mods. I was all mixed up in thinking I was going to buy another car, but with the future of the used car market I canned that idea. Too bad I removed all the mods. It makes me a much better driver (in terms of saving gas).
-Blew my engine! Yeah, this one sucked. I caught the young driver bug and went for the top speed runs when the police weren’t around. I learned the hard way not to do this with a poorly-maintained engine. Looonnnggg walk home.
-Found a hand-me-down racing simulator setup. I play Forza Horizon quite often and love racing the ‘97 Type R. It helps to keep me from being a nutcase on public roads and it’s the ultimate fuel-efficient way to drive fast; no gas at all! Highly recommend.

Main difference is I’m a lot smarter. My car is fine in the winter and the conditions aren’t as horrid as I thought. The only issues I had were self-inflicted, and I’ve become pretty good at bodywork repair. Mechanical repairs? Working on it.

Anyhow, that’s my big update. I’ve purchased Julian Edgar’s “Modifying The Aerodynamics of Your Road Car”, and it’s helped a ton in my knowledge of aero. I’m hoping to start over the aero mods with a goal for a nice-looking, ultra-sleek car. I’m also shooting for high speed stability, because I could definitely feel some lift going on at high speeds.

Last edited by JacobLeSann; 11-05-2021 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: Clarification
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JacobLeSann For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-05-2021), freebeard (11-04-2021)