View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
I started to ask, but let it go. 48V sounds like a lead-acid realm to me. With modern battery technology, 100+ seems doable.

I'd be looking for something to integrate road and house loads with shore, solar and regen (Serpentine belted altermotor replaces the starter and alternator) inputs.

What I intend to get as soon a I sell a car is the EcoFlow Delta.
Quote:
EcoFlow Portable Power Station | EcoFlow DELTA Power Station
https://ecoflow.com
"The EcoFlow DELTA is the best portable power station for emergency backup power or off-grid activities such as camping and tailgating." "The EcoFlow RIVER is a mobile power plant for all your gear." "Unlike many traditional power stations, the EcoFlow RIVER supports fast charging. It can charge from 0-80% in 1 hour."
What would you think of a drop-leaf tailgate with a pop-up boat tail/porch roof?

edit: It looks like you have 5 posts. Can we have a closeup of the front edge of the van with something for scale? I'm curious about routing those twin stacks. You might be able to scavenge chrome perfed heat shields off a big motorcycle. It should really help the underbody aero.

If the perfs are inlets and the outlet is a [vertical slit] Coanda nozzle, exhaust heat would help push you down the road (not that you could ever tell. ).

When you think about the area over the cab, the most advanced designs mimic Luigi Colani. I'll have to look for an example.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-13-2021 at 07:01 PM..