View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
boxtruck_camper
Don't tell my wife

Quote:
I started to ask, but let it go. 48V sounds like a lead-acid realm to me. With modern battery technology, 100+ seems doable.
I was thinking of getting these a 48v 100ah waterproof LiFePo4 battery for $1650. I'd post the link, but it says I need 15 posts.

And then maybe even the 12v 100ah too, but I think that just charging the battery from the 48v battery makes more sense. Was hoping to do 2000w of solar panels with a slide out mechanism. It would have an inverter that is 3000w with 6000w surge that is $750. So for the battery and inverter it would be $2400. It would be similar to the delta pro, but without the outlets already ready, but also able to hand more solar panels. I'm using those because of price, but also because I'd want to have something that I could put in a house later.

Quote:
What would you think of a drop-leaf tailgate with a pop-up boat tail/porch roof?
I'm definitely curious as to what would be a good solution for being able to have many functions. I was thinking of a slide out deck from under the box and then slide out panels from on top of the box, but that wouldn't be out while driving. I was thinking of making something like the trailer tail. I was thinking a plastic or a fiberglass foam composite.
freebeard (11-14-2021)