View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorGray View Post
The price of renewables is part of the price problem. I'd suspect coal is significantly cheaper.

I see that there may be a push in some places in Europe to reopen coal plants that haven't already been demolished if there is a cold winter this year. Otherwise, there may be some problems getting warm.

And Russia is grinning now that the US administration has approved of its new gas pipeline into Germany. I wonder how kind Putin will be in terms of price and supply vs NATO complaining about his potential aggression in Ukraine.

I read that wood is being stockpiled in some areas of the US as a counter to the rising price of natural gas and fuel oil. That's not good news for the environment.
I'm convinced the world has lost its mind.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ow-2021-09-20/

I would expect high prices this winter and spring. Probably peak. Locally they are starting to talk about how democrats are screwed going into midterms if they don't lower energy prices back to normal. Warms my heart that they care enough about our votes to possibly lower prices. They care about us. <3

Also, I don't mean to make it political. The majority of both sides are completely bribed by businesses. *yikes*