View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
USAA: "Good morning, Mr. Xist. I ran the owner retained amount. This settlement is $3,362.67."
Me: "How much is the buy-back?"
USAA: "The salvage amount is $920. This is the amount that was subtracted from the USAA retained amount. For the deductible, once I confirm the other person's policy is active, I will reimburse your deductible."
Me: "Who do I need to kiss to get this deal? "

I paid $3,200 for the car. Insurance is paying me $162.67 more than that, plus I keep the car, and I should get my $1,000 deductible back.

I paid $156 for a hood, grill, bumper cover, 3 brackets, and a headlight. I replaced the hood (and grill), 2 brackets, and headlight in the parking lot.

When I pulled the new hood it slipped through my fingers and did a backflip onto the gravel, so hold onto those tightly!

It still looks better than my old one did before the accident, except for being the wrong color.

I was exhausted, the yard closed, and it was getting dark, so I drove to my sister's house, ate dinner, and installed the bumper and other bracket in her driveway.

I had 2 headlights again!

I could legally drive at night!

I bought a new turn signal bulb, but it didn't fit the connector, and I absolutely could not figure out why. I was still leaning against my car and trying to figure out why the bulb didn't fit when they closed the store and happily went home. I started driving to a location open until midnight, but it was late, and I needed to drive home as early as possible in the morning.

That didn't happen and I kind of missed Church. I watched it on Zoom, but couldn't hear very much because I didn't bring my bluetooth adapter because it is annoying.

It turned out that I had the right bulb, but I didn't have a plug that holds the bulb in the assembly.

I wish I realized that at the junkyard! I probably could have gotten one for free!

Instead I paid $14 at the dealership, then realized that I needed a radiator cap, and somehow that was $22. Two turn signal bulbs were $8

I paid $200 for replacement parts for my car.

I am going to move my Accord, park my Camry sideways at the top of the driveway, Mom's Camry sideways at the bottom, and then park my Accord with a detached muffler back in her spot. Then I will use a winch and a tree to pull my core support back into position.

I need to fix the high beam wiring. I used butt joints and they seem to hold, but it doesn't work for some reason, so I need to find or buy more joints and redo it.

I need to polish and clear-coat the replacement headlight.

I want to repaint the hood and bumper, as well as finish repairing the dent in the trunk, but I think that I will vacuum the interior and clean the carpets first.