View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #111 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Perhaps you mistook love for authority. That might have led to a miss-spent youth?
My mom was authoritarian and loved me. Her mom was authoritarian (Japanese) and didn't display any emotion but disapproval or anger. Mom does the best with the tools she was given (as do we all).

That isn't the reason I questioned authority; that's embedded deeper at the DNA level. I like the challenge, and because I'm willing to disbelieve at the expense of acceptance, I expose weakness.

The only reason I know mom was (usually) right now is because I learned it the hard way through testing they hypothesis myself.

Tying this back to Campbell, he guards himself with truth, admits uncertainty when things are uncertain, and is critical of authorities when there's reason to be critical. He was among the first to say mask wearing likely helps reduce Covid spread when the CDC was saying it doesn't help, for instance.

You can hardly find evidence of CDC or Facui saying not to wear masks if you Google it, because the corrupt media is trying to bury the blunders of their priests and reinforce their agenda to get people to obey authorities without question.

It's not just that I distrust Fauci, CDC, WHO... I'm contemptuous of the fact that they've sold their obligation to promote the health of people for political positioning. Dr. Campbell has only displayed genuine concern for wellbeing towards all people; setting aside politics, and exemplifying what it means to have honor, integrity, and compassion for people.

There's 2 ways to be wrong; ignorance and corruption. The first can hardly be faulted, and the other simply diabolical. I'm not interested in listening to the diabolical, and certainly not being a pawn of the political power elite.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 12-02-2021 at 05:56 PM..