View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 05:18 PM   #429 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,068 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I'm really fighting not going down and putting a deposit down on a Navi. What I really want is a TW200 or a Trail 125 but are they worth twice as much? It seems like even if I didn't like the Navi, as long as I don't pay more than MSRP and shipping plus say $200 for prep and paperwork I could sell it after a year and not lose more than a hundred or 2. Then again seeing no Trail 125s in inventory or a 10 year old TW200 for $4000 still makes me think I wouldn't lose much on those bikes either.
That really depends on the riding you are going to do.

The Navi's top speed is 50 mph which means you are really limited to roads that are 45 mph or less if you want to be able to maintain the speed limit on a slight hill. The Trail 125 in only good for another 5 mph. The TW200 tops out at 70 mph so that means a real speed in the 60 - 65 mph range.

Then there is suspension and wheel size. The Navi has a 10 inch wheel and 2.8 inches of suspension travel. Any use offroad is going to be ROUGH. Even bumpy paved roads are going to be punishing. My MP3 has 12 inch wheels in the front and you feel every bump and pothole.

Strictly urban riding on road with 45 mph limits and less? The Navi could be a lot of fun. For me my primary riding route to work is 55 mph and uphill so both the Navi and Trail 125 are a no-go for me.

Personally I think the KTM Duke 200 is the best deal in motorcycling at the moment.

If I was looking for a small dual-sport it would be a CRF300L or VanVan 200.