View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #184 (permalink)
carfreak
EcoModding Lurker

hydrogen (not enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
88CRX -

110% agreement here. For HHO to work, the car must be reconfigured for lean burn. That's one of the reasons it's a PITA to make work. A diesel engine likes to "go-lean" by design, so it is a better ICE for the job.

I have an HHO generator from Hydrogen Boost Brown’s Gas Joe Cell HHO Water Car Save fuel mpg</. just like Daox says, I haven't had any results. However, I have not been willing to implement all the mods required for "the system" to work. This includes MAP and 02 sensor spoofs, and a fuel heater (using waste heat from engine coolant).

If I had to do it all over again, I would seriously *consider* this gizmo :

HydranOx - $400
Hydrogen Fuel System Portal Page :: Sigma Automotive

The reason I am curious about it is that it *claims* to separate the H2 from the 02. If the gizmo is only sending H2 into the air intake, this would remove the need to modify the 02 sensor, which I like, . But, I wouldn't pump the 02 into the cabin of the car, that's for sure.

I am not saying that the above gizmo is not a scam, I am just saying that it claims to solve an existing deficiency with HHO designs.

CarloSW2
Well, the bad part is that it only generates 2 liters per hour. And that was measuring the hydrogen and the oxygen. Were not replacing the fuel with hydrogen, but that's not enought to do anything as far as I am concerned. The unit I have is from Main Hydrogen Page and gets 65 LPH which is much higher and pretty low amps considering the difference (17 amps) Hope that helps ya some.