View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #398 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi_k View Post
A mini box which can handle heat and pressure.... using resistance wire or something with 12V to create heat (a heat coil)... one side of the box is for the heat coil, the other side for the fuel source...

***Naturally, need to put a disclaimer that I shall not be held responsible and / or liable for your use of the information contained in my responses.***
Of course, understood on the disclaimer.

I feel this is perhaps a bit beyond my abilities, one idea is to tap into the alternator for more pure A/C power.

And choosing the correct hot wire(s).

My understanding it will need very high temperatures to completely vaporize all the junk in our current gasoline.

At such temperatures gasoline will flash burn with any air so some kind of one way valves to only allow vapor out and not allow air in will be needed.

The first thing I would do is to try to test the base ideas, can a ICE run on small amounts of vapor, will it produce as much torque and HP as it does on gasoline.

And are all other claims of no spark advance and lower operating temperatures.

And another problem is controlling the amounts of vapor, do we build a multi-stage system to handle idle, low power and then mid range and then Maximum full throttle power?

I believe these can be made to retrofit onto and ICE and thus the cost would only be for these as add-on devices, and the original fuel system would remain in case of failures and to compile with current EPA regs about removing pollution control devices.

Of course there will a lot of figuring out how to retro them to all the many models of car and engines.

So the world could get these without the so high cost of a new car, or EV.

Rich