Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #391 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
You are asking for free technical help in an open forum for a device that you hope to make money on. YOU have "secrets" you cannot/will not divulge, and yet the help you seek is to be free and open.

I hope you continue to build and document in an open format so that we may all learn from both your failures as well as your successes as failure is still good data. If you hope to patent and protect your ideas in the future, you really need to stop the discussion now and create in a cocoon.

So you want me to share all my ideas so you can run to the Patent offices and lay claim to it all??

Alex Bell became the father of the telephone only by a couple of hours by being first to applied for a paternt, if another inventor had not stopped for lunch history would credit someone else.

I will share information to a serious investor after sighing Non-disclosure, non-complete, and fully complete legal protection is done.

This idea could change the world.

Perhaps even save it IF all the hype about cars causing climate change.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #392 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
So 5 years later and nothing has changed?
Old 12-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #393 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi_k View Post
Ah okay... Well, how he did may not have been "a good idea" but principle seems to be the same.... vaporize gasoline...
Sadly it is about the same as saying I have a idea to run cars on Gasoline.

Cars only run on vapor. The problem is currently we make it vaporize in a few microseconds within the combustion chamber, and what is not vaporized in time to make power is left to burn during the rest of the cycle, as they leave the combustion chamber, pass the exhaust valves down the exhaust manifolds down the exhaust pipes to the cats where they try to burn off the remaining unburned fuel.

ICEs are said to only be 30% (at best) efferent, that means 70% of the fuel put into them are wasted.

IF we could vaporize the fuel within seconds of its input to the combustion chamber it is claimed to than only need that 30% to drive the car and that 30% will be completely burned and thus no waste and no major pollution.

Oh by the way 70% savings on fuel use and cost..

Rich
Old 12-15-2021, 11:42 AM   #394 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

racrprops : what you were trying to resolve about the heating? how to heat gas with 12V or something? sorry, haven't read everything on this post since the beginning....
Old 12-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #395 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
So 5 years later and nothing has changed?
Well weather is much worst.

EVs are making greater headway into the market.

China is about to take over the automotive world with great third gen EVs at much lower prices so all the other car makes could be in big trouble,

Gas prices are over $5.00 in CA and $3.79 in Phoenix AZ.

Cheap cars will disapeare in the near future, like buying a 03 Crown Vic for $400.00 needing repairs and being able to fix it up or a 03 NICE Ford Explorer needing a small repair but party because it cannot do better than 20MPG bought for $800.00.

I really cannot see those kinds of prices in EV ever.

So I see changes.

Rich
Old 12-15-2021, 11:58 AM   #396 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
racrprops : what you were trying to resolve about the heating? how to heat gas with 12V or something? sorry, haven't read everything on this post since the beginning....
That is the big problem, old school was to use the exhaust heat, bad idea as a vapor engine has no real exhaust heat, so it was on and off running.

Electric resistance heating seems to only way.

Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to racprops For This Useful Post:
tomi_k (12-15-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 12:31 PM   #397 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

A mini box which can handle heat and pressure.... using resistance wire or something with 12V to create heat (a heat coil)... one side of the box is for the heat coil, the other side for the fuel source...

***Naturally, need to put a disclaimer that I shall not be held responsible and / or liable for your use of the information contained in my responses.***
Old 12-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #398 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
A mini box which can handle heat and pressure.... using resistance wire or something with 12V to create heat (a heat coil)... one side of the box is for the heat coil, the other side for the fuel source...

***Naturally, need to put a disclaimer that I shall not be held responsible and / or liable for your use of the information contained in my responses.***
Of course, understood on the disclaimer.

I feel this is perhaps a bit beyond my abilities, one idea is to tap into the alternator for more pure A/C power.

And choosing the correct hot wire(s).

My understanding it will need very high temperatures to completely vaporize all the junk in our current gasoline.

At such temperatures gasoline will flash burn with any air so some kind of one way valves to only allow vapor out and not allow air in will be needed.

The first thing I would do is to try to test the base ideas, can a ICE run on small amounts of vapor, will it produce as much torque and HP as it does on gasoline.

And are all other claims of no spark advance and lower operating temperatures.

And another problem is controlling the amounts of vapor, do we build a multi-stage system to handle idle, low power and then mid range and then Maximum full throttle power?

I believe these can be made to retrofit onto and ICE and thus the cost would only be for these as add-on devices, and the original fuel system would remain in case of failures and to compile with current EPA regs about removing pollution control devices.

Of course there will a lot of figuring out how to retro them to all the many models of car and engines.

So the world could get these without the so high cost of a new car, or EV.

Rich
Old 12-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #399 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Uh, propane.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #400 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Mother earth news has been researching this for what I understand to be 50 years and they publish some schema about once a year. They do not double blind the testing results.

However, the net result seems to be that it takes time to vaporize the entire quantity of fuel required for a given power output and surprising there is no extra fuel efficiency gained

Tags
lies, scam