View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #86 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
That sucks, sounds like parts of Iowa or Montanna. Around here I cannot complain about snow removal, things are much better than they were even 10 years ago, remembering how they never plowed in the township and we had to avoid the areas without tire marks lest we spin out.
Reminds me of rural Southeastern Ohio. The same day I got the ambulance stuck, I slid into a ditch on the way home (stayed on the folks' farm for the Winter break). It just wasn't a day for anyone to be driving (it was hour 20 at that point in the day) -- icy low spot on a curve and into the lowlands I went.

After trying to reach someone on the CB (pre-cell days), a snow plow comes by. In full uniform, I tried to get their attention but they went right by! Luckily some high school kids in a lifted Ford Pickup pulled the Civic out 10 minutes later. Thanks ODOT! (not)

(got stuck again on a hill and walked the 5 miles home -- had my folks pull me back with the K2500-- lost a muffler in the process). 2 feet of snow that day. Rare event.

RH77

_
_