View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
I knew about Bitcoin back when it was like 50 cents. If I had put a couple hundred bucks in I'd have like $10M now. The thing is, Bitcoin is worthless and I realized it back then and would rather keep my couple hundred bucks than to not have it. I just got the timing wrong. Zero is coming, just not yet.

While I wouldn't refuse a boatload of cash, I'd rather come by it from producing something of value instead of from everyone else being poorer to make me rich. Another reason why my Lotto excitement would be much more subdued than the typical person. Wouldn't make me happy knowing I'm rich because low income people are fools with their money.

Speaking of which, I saw a lady buying Pepsi at Safeway the other day, and the clerk said the sale allows her to get 2 more for free. She didn't seem to care about the free pop, but allowed the clerk to leave the checkstand to get 2 more for her anyway. Then I saw her paying with food stamps. That's why she didn't care, because it was free anyhow, and that's why she's buying name brand instead of the cheaper knock-off brand. Then I saw her plugging money into the scratch off machine. I'm sure if she won all of her financial problems would be permanently solved

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 01-13-2022 at 02:30 PM..