View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:37 AM   #73 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I gave up on toothpaste, at least for now.

I wanted to use my buffer, but I don't know why the cover keeps coming off. I used my power brush and the Dollar Tree toothpaste, but it didn't make a noticeable difference.

I used Crest and that didn't seem to do anything, either.

I watched tons more videos and Meguiar's 105 and 205 were popular, so I went to AutoZone to buy them and a drill attachment.

Each of those was $30!

I swear that you could have some place like Shifty Lube do it for $20, but I found Groupons for $50-70.

I might be able to do 7 headlights with one $15 kit, so why would I pay $90?

I found people saying they used Meguiar's PlastX and Harbor Freight has it for $8 and an attachment for $3, but they closed before I got there.

I finally found PlastX and a $6 attachment at Walmart and buffed my headlight for 4 minutes, but despite my crazy-bright headlamp, I need to wait until daylight to see how it did.

It looked clear, but still a bit yellow.

Curiously, headlights often looked clearer after the clear coat, like it filled in scratches or something.

Hopefully I can finally move on!

By the way, I bought $6 painter's tape, but my car was still wet and starting to freeze, so I just tried to avoid the hood and bumper, although that paint isn't great, and it is the wrong color anyway.