View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 11:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Your's is the same position as Scott Adams, weight as a gating factor.
Scott's best episode ever was about a year ago and was on the topic of fairness. He really took the time to prepare the listener to considering things from a perspective they haven't before. He had even been seeding responses for the weeks leading up to the episode by saying unpopular opinions. That said, his conclusion about sports is dumb and ruins it for everyone, especially women.

Categorizing by weight isn't good enough, because how that weight is comprised is what gives the advantages in various sports. So then we might add a criteria of body fat percentage into creating the categories... and then we're back to sorting based on sex, which is the most basic and natural category ever created. Everything beyond sex is abstracting out from it in increasingly less precise methods.

My brilliant idea is to not break the things that work fantastically, and call dumb ideas out for the garbage they are. Discontents should go break their own toys instead of trying to break everyone else's in the futile attempt to feel better. *Discontents don't realize the source of their discontentment is their fundamental disposition, not whatever circumstances they decide to project it onto. They somehow fool themselves continually into believing there is a state of the world that would satisfy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
I have seen women compete on equal standing with men in Scottish games and winning.
That's a convincing anecdote. Not sure what I'm convinced of though.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 01-25-2022 at 12:40 PM..