View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 12:53 AM   #116 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Yesterday I heard a woman who kept saying "I was like" and "or whatever."

I don't understand why anyone was conversing with her.

Today my brother had me take him to the store and when I was leaving I was confused because it seemed like a woman had a black pen over her ear--or in her wild mass of hair, but it moved.

She was wearing fake eyelashes.

As I passed her I realized exactly how wild her wild, shapeless mass of hair was and that her jeans had holes in the backs.

In the backs!

Hobo chic?

Anyway, the coolant seemed just a little low in my radiator. I connected my spill-proof funnel, put some coolant in there, and watched it through the gap in the hood while I idled for 15 minutes.

It didn't seem to go down at all.

The engine fully warmed up, but the air was blowing at 50° while recirculating, so that might have been my body heat.

I am a warm guy.

The top hose was hot, there aren't any leaks or smells, and my windows don't fog up unduly.

If the thermostat was stuck open, supposedly the engine wouldn't warm up properly.

There may be air in the system, but I squeezed the hose and pushed down the front of the car 20 times each.

Heaven forbid the heater core being bad. The heater worked recently! Aside from the lack of heat, I don't have signs of a bad core, but it could be clogged.

It could be the blend door. Supposedly that is a huge deal, but this video seems to say that it is surprisingly easy, but that is the XLE, and he doesn't seem to effectively communicate anything:
It could be the controls.

Shouty says to check the cable going through the firewall.

He says that you can block the grill internally with cardboard.

Wouldn't Gorilla Tape on the outside be better?!

I need to ensure the lower hose warms up--and both hoses connected to the heater core.

I can Scotty-rig my car:
However, I should check my fuses first.